Thursday, October 6, 2011

More Piratey Awesomness

So last weekend was the release of Dreadfleet. The game was fantastic, I wore a costume and much fun was had by all. I'm sure you're all dying to know how I went in the Pirate conversion competition.

Drum Roll Please.

I came Last.  I also came second.  Ruan's Orky pirate was truly awesome and he got a much deserved victory.  My Pirate turned out pretty much exactly as I wanted him, but not very Warhammer-esque.  Here are a couple of photos of him painted and stuff.



 The paint job isn't too special I'm afraid.


And here is Me in the costume the conversion was based on.


Future Piratey goodness is on the way, with some Dreadfleet articles.

If you're interested in seeing Ruan's Pirate conversion go check out the GW Wellington Facebook page or shoot in to the hobby center and check it out in person whilst it's still there.

Cheers.



2 comments:

  1. Haven't got to play yet but really enjoying painting dreadfleet right now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The ships are sooooo awesome. And I got to meet the Perry twins, who sculpted them (and most of the lord of the rings range, and about 70% of the range full stop between 1980something and 1998) . They signed my rulebook :D

    ReplyDelete