Wednesday, October 26, 2011

This Week In Warhammer.

Hey folks and welcome to yet another post which isn't one of the ones I've promised, but hey,  Content is content, so lets get on with it.

Last weekend my Chaos army saw it's first outting.  I played Jeremy and his (filthy) Darkelves in a 1000 point game down at GW Wellington.  I had a blast.  and My army got smashed to pieces.  Both our sorcerers detonated taking chunks out of the units they were with.  He annihilated my unit of knights early on, taking out a quarter of my army in one hit.  The game wound down to a close with my Knights, my Warriors and my warhounds all glaring at me from the dead pile, and only my Marauders still wandering around.  We ended up calling it rather than playing out a couple of turns of movement till his big pointy units could catch and evicerate them.  It was extremely entertaining.

So, on to what I've got planned for the next few days...

The Three day Challenge


This week I have fled the fair city of Wellington for a hermatage somewhere in the boonies of the manawatu. My intent whilst hiding away in seclusion is to get a number of projects done.  The first will be to post the next part of the Weathering and Battle damage articles.  In addition I have given myself the following tasks.

1.  Island of Blood:  Paint all the Skaven in Three days, and as much of the Highelves as i can manage.

2.  Dreadfleet:  Paint as many of the ships as possible and get at least one finished for the competition.

3.  Badab War:  Work out my painting methods for the upcoming Badab war campaign at GW Wellington.

4.  LOTS of BLOGGING.

So what will you, my glorious readers get out of this three days of madness?  Well first up there will be plenty of pictures of the various projects as they progress  Secondly there will be a number of new articles.
I'm thinking How to paint white, for the High elves.  Stupidly fast painting, for the Skaven.  And painting  and battle damaging silver marines for the Badab war.  Also possibly, painting for competitions, army themeing and maybe a few other articles.

So on with the madness.

See you soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment