Sunday, October 16, 2011

This week in Warhammer

Hey folks.

It's been a weird week for me all up.  I've been job hunting recently and this week saw the fruits of this search. I worked a day shifting furniture, the first in 9 months leaving me a broken husk of a man.  I also had a scary intense job interview which may see me land a proper job with an income which might allow me to support my hobby a little better.  But hey.  Y'all didn't come here to hear about the dreary goings on in my "real" life.  You came here for hobby goodness.

This week I've been working on a couple of projects for the upcoming painting competition at GW Wellington. I'm working on another Pirate conversion, which is coming along nicely and not only features some cool conversion stuff, but also some of the best freehand work I've done in a long time.  I'm also having a go at an Interrogator Chaplain in Terminator armour, which will one day grace my Dark Angels army.  For him I've stuck pretty much to the original model but I've done a bunch of work on the base.  I'll post pics of these in the not to distant future.

I've also been chugging through my Dreadfleet stuff.  I've been aiming at around two ships a week and so far the Black Kraken and Grimnir's Thunder are pretty much done.  The Swordfysh and the Curse of Zandri are well on their way and I've started the base coats on the Seadrake and the Shadewraith.  These ships are a real blast to paint and make a welcome change from the intensity of painting competition standard models.  The White Dwarf has been invaluable for getting the ships through their basic stages and getting the colours I'm after.  I've then added a few sneaky tricks of my own to take them up a bit more and the end results are looking pretty awesome.  Pics to come.

Today (well yesterday if my clock is right) I had my first proper game of Dreadfleet, in which I took control of the mighty Grimnir's Thunder and had a thoroughly smashing time.  First I was smashed into by the Bloody Reaver who gave me a solid drubbing leaving me with 2 points of hull damage.  Then I was smashed again by a wayward living tsunami, which rocked me for another couple of points on the hull.  Then there was the final smash as my ship hit the sea bed having sunk due to being on -2 hull points.  Admittedly not the finest showing for the proud Dwarven race,  but there shall be a reckoning!  Gordon, Captain of the reaver and Staff member at GW Wellington.  I hear-by enter your name into the book of Grudges for damage to the pride of Barak Varr.  And Jarrod,  my treacherous team mate, for loosing a Living Tsunami so close to a stricken comrade, you too shall be judged.  It was however a super fun (if a little short for me) game.

Right now I'm Having a think about some ideas for a campaign to be run in store for Warhammer Fantasy, and I'm thinking about up coming projects for if I do manage to get this job I'm trying for.

Coming soon to Bellum Malleus:
-  Part Two of Battle Damaging and Weathering 40k tanks.
-  More Path of Chaos
-  Dreadfleet Pics and progress
-  Planning a themed army
-  Painting competition entries, pics and advice on how to give yourself an edge.

Cheers Folks

1 comment:

  1. You need to give this jarrod fellow you played dreadfleet with a nickname or i'm going to get very confused.

    ReplyDelete