Sunday, September 25, 2011

This week in Warhammer...

I've decided in addition to my planned how-to articles and the like, I'll also try to give a weekly update as to what I'm working on, reading and thinking about.  This week I've been working on heaps of stuff, far more than my usual load in fact.

I did some more work on my Chaos Knights.  I'm trying a different colour scheme with these, adding gold to the palette.  I've also been experimenting with the application and I believe I've come up with the best way of doing these which I'll cover in an upcoming episode of Path of Chaos.

I've been working pretty hardcore on the previously mentioned Pirate Conversion Competition.  I've added a bunch of little details to the base to really give the model some points of interest.  There are now Barnacles, a rat, a starfish and a crab strategically positioned about the place.  This project over all has been heaps of fun and it's really been pushing my boundries in the hobby.

For the upcoming article on Weathering and Battle Damage, I've been thinking about making a start on a little Codex Spacemarine army.  To this end I've been having a look through various bits of info on some of the more obscure Chapters (being that Dan and Jarrod have already got two of my favourite chapters locked down).  After some consideration I've decided to go with the Raptors.  For those who don't know, I used to have a Raptors army and they are an absolute joy to paint.  They have a colour scheme which really lends itself well to weathering and damage too.  I've started by doing a practice piece which seems to be coming along nicely, and I'm super-detailing a Vindicator to do the Vehicle section of the weathering and battle damage article.

I finally got round to finishing the assembly of my Drop Pod. (yay!)

My Empire army got a bit of further consideration this week too.  Given the amount of fun I've been having with the Pirate Conversion, I wanted to get a bit of Piratey flavour in the army.  I could have just put a few bits through out the Talabecland army and justified it fairly easily, but I decide to shift my focus to Marienburg.  This will give me a chance to do an "Empire" army with a very different feel to the usual ones you see.  I'll switch out the Sigmar cult stuff etc for the cult of Mannan, God of the Sea and Storms.  I'll use lots of Militia to represent ship's crews which have been pressed into the service of the City.  I'll feature a couple of Ship's gun's, and I'll use a bunch of Ogre mecinaries.  Best of all though, the Marienburg livery is every bit as obnoxiously bright as that of Talabecland.  It would be fair to say I'm quite excited about this project, so you can look forward to plenty of posts about them in the future.

I started a conversion for a Vampire Lord.  This project is in the very early stages, but I am using Urien Rakarth as the basis of the model.  I'll fill you in as I get further along the path.

Last but not least I've been picking through my Dark Angles stuff to build a solid thousand point force.  So far I'm looking at a solid core of Tactical marines and some Deathwing terminators, but we'll see what happens.


So that's it.  A busy week all up, but a fairly productive one. Next week I'll be working on my Warriors for the Army builder challenge and continuing with some other projects.  The big News though shall be Dreadfleet.  It drops on Sunday and I am fit to burst I'm so excited.  Go check out the post in What's new today on the GW site for some more info and If you want it, Go Order It NOW! Today is your last chance to advanced order a copy.

Cheers Folks


Ben

(I'll post some pics tomorrow, but right now it's 4.30 am so I'm going to bed)

No comments:

Post a Comment